Arizona's Children Association is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our team! The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting in the processing and recording of all transactions of the agency, the maintenance of accounting records, and the preparation of periodic reports.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you'll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible and we offer several plans for each so you can choose the option right for you and your family which includes:
- Medical provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Dental and Vision provided by MetLife
- We offer several plans so you can choose the option right for you and your family
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- We also offer: Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program provided by Cura Linc
- Employee Wellness and Support Time
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of America
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Originates and verifies supporting documentation for accounting transactions to include: purchase requisitions and orders, sales invoices and other billings, cash receipts check disbursement requests, petty cash vouchers, debit/credit transactions originated by financial institutions, and/or payroll related transactions.
- Enters and/or verifies transactions into the accounting software system from original source documents.
- Maintains files of original source and supporting documents and files, to include receipts, disbursements, payroll, and journal entries.
- Maintains files of agency contracts, loans, receivables, payables, insurance, property, and accounts at financial institutions.
- Verifies, or assists in verifying, the accuracy of reports and financial statements.
- Prepares, or assists in preparing purchasing/receivables/payables reports.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings.
- Performs work and represents AzCA in accordance with our mission, vision and values and Foundations for Success.
- Maintains consistent attendance and punctuality to provide consistency in serving clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which are consistent with the general responsibilities of the position.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years' experience as an Accounting Clerk or Bookkeeper, preferably with a non-profit health and welfare organization preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
At Arizona's Children Association, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that not only promotes, but values and celebrates diversity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace and culture to better serve our children, families and community.
Just like the uniqueness of the families we serve, we strive to be diverse in:
race, color, ethnicity, national origin, culture, language, gender, age, sexual orientation/preference, gender identity and expression, disability and/or diagnosis, marital status, religion, status, or any other protected status.
AzCA does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics