Are you looking for a career with an organization making a difference in your community? Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? Arizona's Children Association has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an On-Call Child Care Worker!
On-Call Childcare Workers Needed! Flexible Hours!
We are looking for flexible and experienced caregivers to provide childcare on a part-time basis while parents attend our community workshop.
- Opportunity to work multiple shifts per week
- Work shifts are approximately 3 hours each week
- Location in YUMA
- High demand for availability in the morning and night
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you'll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Find your passion. Join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Provides children with necessary structure, guidance and limits consistent with the treatment plan.
- Oversees the physical care, safety, and development of the children enrolled in the day care center.
- Develops and conducts age appropriate development activities for children enrolled in the center.
- Maintains accurate records regarding issues involving children under supervision.
- Participates in planning and implementing parent involvement activities.
- Maintains confidential information on children, and maintains appropriate contact with parents to ensure a consistent center approach.
- Creates and maintains a learning environment appropriate for the age of the children enrolled, providing choice and a variety of learning approaches.
- Supervises and teaches daily living skills, and recreational skills in the areas of games, sports, arts and crafts, and hobbies.
- Maintains professional boundaries and ethics specific to the Agency and particular professional certification.
- Safely and effectively monitor client activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which are consistent with the general responsibilities of the position.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with children
Minimum Qualification & Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients' homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Perform safely means to perform without causing a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others that cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodations, as defined by 42 U.S.C. #1211 (b) and the Commission's regulations found at 29 C.F.R #1630.2 (r).
At Arizona's Children Association we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that not only promotes, but values and celebrates diversity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace and culture to better serve our children, families and community.
Just like the uniqueness of the families we serve, we strive to be diverse in:
race, color, ethnicity, national origin, culture, language, gender, age, sexual orientation/preference, gender identity and expression, disability and/or diagnosis, marital status, religion, status, or any other protected status.
AzCA does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.